The holiday weekend is coming up and since the 4th of July falls on Saturday this year, well, we’re going to have to make the most of our usual 2 days off. In my world, that means eating your face off. Because calories don’t count on a holiday! Get friends and family together for a cookout or just make some red, white, and blue treats for yourself and the kids. There are festive 4th of July recipes here for everyone, each one easy and more delicious than the next.
Mains For a 4th of July Cookout
Thai Turkey Burgers | How Sweet It Is
* 6 amazing hot dog recipes, because it’s not a cookout without killer dogs.
* 5 mouthwatering burger recipes because hot dogs alone don’t make a cookout.
* 5 best steak recipes, plus tips on how to cook steak perfectly every time.
* 35 more summer grilling recipes to go beyond dogs and burgers this holiday weekend, if you must.
Sides For a 4th of July Cookout
How to grill corn perfectly | Serious Eats
* 7 creative macaroni salad recipes that give the classic summer BBQ staple a fresh, modern twist.
* 4 easy ways to cook corn on the cob including on the grill, of course.
* 4 delicious, make-ahead grain salads that go with nearly anything you can thrown on a grill.
4th of July Desserts
4th of July Blueberry Pie | CosmoCookie
* 8 red, white, and blue 4th of July dessert recipes for a crowd that make it easy to invite everyone over.
* 5 party recipes perfect for the 4th of July, including several festive desserts. Like pie. Mmmm.
* 7 easy grilled fruit dessert recipes that keep the cooking outside, where it belongs.
* An epic 4th of July cake with red, white, and blue batter and sprinkles as pretty as fireworks.
4th of July Party Treats
Star Spangled Marshmallow Pops | My Sister’s Suitcase
* 9 fun, no-bake 4th of July party treats including some healthy options and some not healthy at all options.
* 7 super easy 4th of July treat recipes so simple that the kids can (mostly) make them on their own.
* 11 awesome ways to serve watermelon, because watermelon is awesome.
4th of July Drinks
Red, White, and Blue Margaritas | Gimme Some Oven
* How to turn a watermelon into a keg and a killer watermelon punch recipe. Now this is how you ensure invites to every party this summer.
* Red White and Blue(berry) Margaritas from Gimme Some Oven
* Ice tea made with this tutorial on how to brew sun tea served up with fruit-flavored simple syrups, flavored ice cubes, or as a sweet tea mojito.
Enjoy a beautiful, safe, and delicious holiday weekend. And, hey, if you’re on Instagram, share your favorite 4th of July recipes by tagging us—we’re @CoolMomEats—and using the hashtag #CoolMomEats. We love seeing what real parents are cooking, or what your kids made while you sipped iced tea in the shade. Ha!