With so much candy floating around at Halloween time, we’re always looking for kids’ mocktail recipes for Halloween parties that don’t require copious amounts of gummy worms, gummy spiders, or gummy anything, really. Not that I’m anti-sugar on Halloween. I just prefer options.
With that, we’re really happy that Nathalie’s shared this exclusive Bloody Orange Crush recipe with us. So great for kids — or pregnant women or designated drivers or non-drinkers, or anyone, really.
I love that it’s juice-based, as opposed to soda. And if you do use Nathalie’s Blood Orange Juice, you get that gorgeous deep red (i.e. bloody) color from Sicilian blood oranges. Insert your own Godfather reference here.
Bloody Orange Crush Halloween Mocktail Recipe
4 oz. Natalie’s Blood Orange Juice
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. strawberry simple syrup (instructions below)
1. In a tall glass filled with ice, combine the Natalie’s Blood Orange juice, and lime juice. Stir well with a bar spoon.
2. Pour in the strawberry simple syrup, and let it sink to the bottom of the glass.
3. Top with club soda.
To Make the Strawberry Simple Syrup
1. Combine 1 c. sugar and 1 c. water in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add 1 c. of sliced fresh strawberries.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Strain and refrigerate until ready to use.
It couldn’t be easier, and the result is so fun! Just garnish with ping pong ball eyeballs, like these from our affiliate Amazon — washed, of course.Photo: The Spruce Eats
If you really want to go all out, I highly recommend you garnish with this Bloody eyeball drink garnish made from lychees and a little fruit, which is basically genius. You can find the ingredients and instructions at The Spruce Eats along with some other fun mocktail and cocktail ideas for Halloween.