It’s that time of year, where we share our top 10 most popular Cool Mom Eats posts of 2021. Unlike last year, where most of the posts were pandemic related (remember stocking your pantry?), this year, it’s everything from tofu to cicadas, and a whole lot more in between.
At top: double dredged tofu with spicy gochujang sauce at Olives for Dinner; black bean taquitos at Budget Bytes
10. 5 satisfying vegetarian meals for families beyond salad. By Kate Etue
Lots of families were choosing to cut back on their meat intake this past year, and well, let’s just say you won’t miss it at all with these recipes.
9. Here are the oven mitts that got my kid cooking. By Liz Gumbinner
Hint: They’re not mitts! (If you haven’t gotten these yet, now’s the time!).
8. 5 tofu recipes for kids that they will actually eat. By Kate Etue
Speaking of cutting back on meat, tofu is a great way to do that. These recipes are actually kid-approved, like this Gochgang Tofu recipe by Olives for Dinner. (photo above)
7. 8 classic teacher appreciation food gifts, made more special and personalized. By Kate Etue
We love our teachers! These gifts are such a wonderful way to celebrate them. Be sure to bookmark this post for when May rolls around. Though they can use some love any time of year.
6. Cicada ice cream sundaes. Easily the official dessert of 2021. By Liz Gumbinner
Hint: They are not made with actual cicadas. Phew. Thanks for this, Toby’s Ice Cream (photo above)
5. 6 easy Champagne cocktail recipes that impress way beyond Mother’s Day. We’ll be toasting with them all summer! By Liz Gumbinner
These are a good idea for the new year, too.
4. The 8 best gluten-free pizza brands our readers swear by. By Caroline Siegrist
GF pizzas are not created equal. We are so grateful for our Recipe Rescue Group members for sharing their faves.
3. 9 healthy breakfast ideas that kids can make themselves. By Our Staff
If your kids aren’t making their own breakfasts yet, now’s a perfect time for them to start. Start with the Banana Bread Muffin in a Mug by Skinny Taste (photo above)
2. The eco-friendly portable charcoal grilling system that saved my camping trip. By Lisa Barnes
It’s a little pricey, but super cool. Grab one if you’ve got camping trips coming up this spring and summer.
1. The best food advent calendars for 2021. By Christina Refford
We hope you enjoyed some tea or chocolate or coffee this holiday season!
We’ll be back in January with lots of new food-related goodness. Thanks for reading and subscribing to our newsletter!